Executive Director (2005 – 2011)
Boulder Museum of Contemporary Art
15th Street Gallery is an exceptional place, a framing studio that exists for those who yearn for something more than the average frame shop. For more than 30 years, 15th Street Gallery has prevailed as one of Colorado’s most respected art framing and picture framing studios.
We design custom frames that meet, and often exceed, the high expectations of museums, artists and art collectors.
The art framers at 15th Street Gallery have been creating custom framing designs with true preservation and conservation measures for collectors who expect museum-quality results.
Design is an important element in framing; we make it easy and fun.
The passion for beauty makes us stand above the rest
The framings are executed to the highest art-conservator standards and the collection of hand-made frames is unique and beautiful.
Our talented staff has been creating stunning frame designs for over a quarter century. 15th Street Gallery’s art framers and designers understand the level of care, design principles, and preservation/conservation framing measures needed for a beautifully crafted frame design that meets museum standards.
- Thousands of beautiful picture frames to choose from including renewable North American hardwoods, welded steel, acrylic, hand-carved, gold and silver leaf gilt, and marquetry.
- Hand wrapped fabric matting: stunning colors and textures, imported silks and linens.
- Canvas paintings: hand-wrapped fabric covered and custom painted liners.
- Large selection of floater frames for paintings on canvas.
- Museum glass and conservation acrylic for maximum protection from ultra-violet damage and aesthetic enhancement from glare.
- All matting is pH neutral cotton rag or “acid-free” to museum preservation framing standards.
- Picture frames appropriate for shadow box treatments of 3-D objects.
- Floating of art works on paper using “old-school” rice paper hinges to the highest preservation/conservation standards of reversibility and pH neutrality. No linen or pressure-sensitive tapes!